And so we reach that time of year again, where the inevitable comedown after the high of the Galway Cycle weekend sets in. Everyone that took part, however, can be proud in having helped raise a running total of €115,000 for the Irish Guide Dogs Autism Assistance Programme. With dry weather on Friday, a welcoming reception on Saturday, and a tailwind coming home on Sunday, the weekend was a massive success, and enjoyed by all. We were joined on the streets by sunflowers, Scooby Doo(s!), Buzz Lightyear and many other colourful characters, not to mention plenty of two and four-legged representatives from the Irish Guide Dogs.
We would like to offer a huge thank you to so many people, a far from exhaustive sample of whom we have listed here:
- Our sponsors, including Monroes Live and Brady’s of Maynooth for hosting us on Friday/Saturday, and Sunday nights respectively.
- Each and every one of the cyclists, collectors, and especially the support crew.
- The people of Galway who gave so generously on Saturday March 28th.
- Everyone who sponsored the participants, contributing to the mentioned total.
- All those who supported our events throughout the year.
We are still collecting any sponsorship which people may receive following the cycle weekend, so please contact us for bank details if you have sponsorship left to lodge, or check the previously sent emails where they have been provided.
Well done to one and all, and for those who intend staying on their bikes through the year, keep an eye on Facebook also.