You will of course need your clothes to wear for the weekend …. and something nice to wear for the TWO nights out …. but the list below is to give you ideas of what else to bring along on the weekend to help you collect more money while keeping nice and warm! 🙂
- Hats, gloves, scarves e.t.c ….. it can get cold on the streets of Galway!
- Musical instruments, juggling equipment, face paints … anything to get you noticed on the streets
- Sweets for the bus …. got to keep those sugar levels up 😛
- Some small change for adding to your bucket to start the jingle … no one likes shaking an empty bucket!
- Motivational signs for cheering cyclists on … cheer on your old friends and your (soon to be) new friends!
- Accessories to match the colour of the hoodie (sunglasses, hats, umbrellas, hairbands etc)
- Most of all …. Your sense of humour
As we all know the weather in Ireland is very changeable and so when packing for the “Galway Cycle” weekend you need to be prepared for all eventualities (hopefully none of these will be needed!). Below is a cyclist specific list of what you should bring for the cycle stages of the weekend. This can all be put into your “day bag” which will be available at each stop.
- Rain Jacket
- 2 x changes of clothes
- Socks for each stop (might seem excessive but if it rains all the time, dry socks can be the best thing ever!)
- Warm gloves, hat , buff
- Arrive with a drink on your bike
- DO NOT need to bring tubes or a pump. We will provide all the required maintenance for the weekend
All cyclists should also look at the list for collectors as everyone is a collector on Saturday! These can be put into your “weekend bag” which will be transported directly to Galway.